Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Bruniquel - one of my favourite villages

Back to my favourite village of Bruniquel.

Bruniquel is to the north of us and just over the ‘border’ in the départdement of the Tarn-et-Garonne and I believe I have fallen in love with these old villages that over recent times have been carefully and lovingly restored so that we can now enjoy wandering around and perhaps dream of a bygone age.

Today is the 62nd anniversary of the D-Day landing in France. I have posted a photograph here to remind all of the sacrifice others have made.

7 comments:

Lisi said...

wow...there is so much talk about today being 06.06.06 that I forget it is D-Day anniversary. btw, nice photo, beautiful village.

Jenny said...

What a beautiful photo!

Nerissa said...

You're making me all wistful. Just a month and a itty-bit until I'm in France again.

Denton said...

Great photo. I really like the path and the bell tower ... Also thank you for the extra photo in honor of the D-Day landing.

Carol said...

Love this photo...I see why you've fallen in love with this village. And the DDay photo was touching. My family and I visited the DDay Museum in New Orleans (prior to the hurricane) and it was also very touching and educational.

soosha_q said...

I'm glad there are plenty of people in the world that remember such significant days as D Day. There are ots of service men (and women) in my family.

Sam said...

What a gorgeous village!!!